Inclusion and cultural transformation Advisor
Until recently Samantha Budd was the Chief Executive of an award winning, Higher Education charity and continues as an Associate Director of a NHS mental health trust. The recent focus on racism resulting from the George Floyd and subsequent BLM campaign has brought this hugely important discussion into the public consciousness. She has decided to focus her energy on tackling this issue as an independent advisor helping organisations to develop their confidence and capacity in addressing institutional racism through a holistic approach to cultural transformation.
Her professional life has largely been people focused with a particular emphasis on creating fair access to education, work and health for everyone. Samantha is passionate about EDI issues leading to awards for her teams:
- 2009 Guardian Public Sector Award for an innovative transport solution for disabled students at Gloucestershire County Council;
- 2016 Queens Award for the community volunteering work at Bristol SU;
- 2016 National Centre for Diversity SU of the Year and shortlisted as Chief Executive of the year;
- 2017 Bristol SU recipient of the NUS national Diversity Award.
- 2018 awarded the Simpson King Staff Achievement Award by the NUS
- 2018 awarded Diversity Champion, Education Sector – Inclusive Companies awards
- 2018 Bristol SU ranked 43rd of top 50 Inclusive Companies in the UK
- 2018 Bristol SU winner in the Third Sector Excellence 2-499 category at the Investors in People Awards
- 2019 runner up Charity Governance Awards ( Board inclusivity and Diversity)
“As we start to understand the role that employers have in contributing to the creation of a fairer society, we understand the importance of recognizing and celebrating excellence in the field of Inclusion and diversity. I am very proud to be involved in the judging panel for the Inclusive Companies Awards as I believe that the traction that these awards are making across all sectors, sizes and types of organisations is extraordinary. The ICAs shine a light on this important agenda and encourages us as business leaders to step up and ensure that we are playing our role and making a difference”